The Dancer's Extension is a non-competitive studio where students of all ages have the opportunity to be creative while learning the fine art of dance. We recognize the need for dance to be an exciting creative art form, with a strong focus on health, exercise and positive self-esteem. The Dancer’s Extension is a bright, clean and very professional dance space with up-to-date equipment. The studio space features a Marley sprung floor, safety mirrors, sturdy barres and a piano for live accompaniment. It is an inviting place for all who enter and we welcome you to join us!
Welcome back students!
Beginner Ballet students have a great first day of class. It's not to late to join the fun and creativity! Contact the studio to register today!
We are planning a fabulous Fifth Annual Spring Concert!
The Dancer's Extension will hold their fifth annual Spring Concert, a showcase of the students' learning, growth and choreography in dance arts, on Saturday, May 16, 2015. The concert will begin at 11:00AM in the auditorium of Saluda Elementary School. Held in conjunction with the Saluda Arts Festival, admission is FREE for this event. Please come join us for an entertaining performance and show your support for our dancers!
Information and Dates for Parents and Students
***Please remember that the studio is closed during winter weather. Check the studio's answering machine message or facebook for any closing announcements.***
- March 1 — Concert Fee due ($38 per student and $18 per additional enrolled family member). Concert fee covers auditorium rental, staffing, sound/music and props/decorations.
- WEDNESDAY, March 11, 2015 — Master classes with Meredith Yuhas, ages 6-10 from 4-5PM, ages 10 and up from 5-6:30PM, dutch dinner at 6:45-8ishPM, contact the studio for more information and to register
- SATURDAY, April 18 — Snow make-up classes - Intermediate 3-4:00PM, Beginner 4-5:00PM, Introductory 5-5:45PM
- March 23-26 — Costume Week! (assuming all costumes will be delivered to the studio by this date… keep your fingers crossed!)
- April 6-10 — Spring Break, no youth classes and limited adult classes
- WEDNESDAY, April 15 — Picture Day with Sentell Studios at The Dancer's Extension, specific class times TBA
- SATURDAY, April 18 — Snow make-up classes - Introductory 9:45-10:30AM, Beginner 10:30-11:30AM, Intermediate 11:30AM-12:30PM
- April 20-23 — in studio Observation Days
- SATURDAY, May 2 — in studio Spring Concert rehearsal, specific class times TBA
- May 4 — Registration for summer camps and the 2015–2016 academic year begins
- FRIDAY, May 15 — dress rehearsal for the Spring Concert, time TBA (but after school)
- SATURDAY, May 16 — fifth annual Spring Concert at 11AM, NHSDA induction ceremony immediately following
- May 18-21 — Summer Send-Off (last classes for the academic year with award presentations)